Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm B-A-C-K!

Sorry for the delay in updating the blog, friends.  We have kicked off a new semester, and I had to head out in between classes to visit two wonderful dioceses.  First, I went to the Archdiocese of Kansas City, Kansas at the invitation of Archbishop Joseph Naumann to speak with his priests about the permanent diaconate.  The Archbishop will soon ordain the first-ever class of permanent deacons for the archdiocese, and several of the candidates were also present for the day.  It was a wonderful day, responding to the priests' questions and concerns, as well as listening to their own hopes and dreams for future collaboration.

Second, I headed directly from Kansas City up to the Diocese of Norwich, Connecticut to spend the day with the deacons of the diocese discussing the implementation of the Third Edition of the Roman Missal, and in particular how this will affect the liturgical role of the deacon.  Again, it was a great blessing to be with the diaconal community of the diocese.  And if that weren't enough, one of my former undergraduate students, who is now completing her MA in Theology at nearby Providence College, was able to come over and spend the day with us.

But I'm back now, and I have something planned to post later this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment